Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Vodka

It's not a good idea to "blog" when you are half in the bag. But I am. And I am "blogging" anyway. While making my artichoke dip for the party I am going to, I have been imbibing on the Skyy Watka.

I can't believe I made it through 2008. It was the hardest year I have faced...ever.

I don't like to say that, because I am just sure that our god is a vengeful god, and will show me what a "hard year" really is if I keep whining about it. AND I do know that compared to so many millions of people on this planet I have it sooooo damn easy.

But...and it's a big butt. It's been an awful year for me.

My father died in February.

I lost my job of 20 years in June.

My Spousal Equivalent broke her leg in three places in June.

My mom had a heart attack in October.


This year has sucked. But... and it's a big butt.

I have a new job that I really like.

Monica's leg is doing great.

My mom is doing better then ever.

Okay. Happy New Year.

And just so you don't worry....I do have a designated driver tonite.

xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you and miss you. I wish we talked more...
-Nick