Wednesday, October 04, 2006





If you could have dinner with someone famous,
dead or alive, who would it be?

I was lucky enough to go see Alison Bechdel speak at Joseph Beth booksellers last night. I had not seen her in 17 years and was very excited to hear her talk about her new graphic novel, Fun Home.

If you haven't read it yet, ya should. It's amazing.

After the reading and book signing, my friends and I convinced Alison to have dinner with us before she had to head back to her hotel. It wasn't easy. She was trying to find some friends that had asked her to dinner earlier. She turned them down but changed her mind I guess. Lucky for us she could not find them.

Another exciting part of the evening was that Harvey Pekar was there to introduce her.

Oh...and there is one more interestesting thing...I discovered today that there is a Decemberist's song that I like. It's called Yankee Bayonet. It's from their new cd The Crane Wife.

Tune into my show tomorrow morning and I will play a cut or two from it.

By the way...if you want to read a REAL review of Alison's talk last night, check out Austin Kleon's blog. He has a gorgeous stamp carving illustration of Ms. Bechdel at her computer.

No comments: