Sunday, August 26, 2007



Flower Power

After coffee with the guys this afternoon I went with Sharon to the Botanical Garden.

I had not been there since they redid the whole place. Oh... and started charging to get in now too. $7.50 for adults.


I have to say though, it was totally worth it. The Glass House exhibits were amazing. Little tropical birds and butterflies flitting about in the gorgeous and humid as hell garden.


Going outside and walking around the grounds was very calming and nice. I needed some "calming and nice" sort of activity.


After the Botanical Gardens we walked over to the "still under construction" Cleveland Museum of Art. There was a history of photography exhibit of sorts. My favorite photo was the Margaret Bourke White shot of Cleveland in 1928.


It was a view from W. 25th street. It was a smoggy beautiful picture of the Terminal Tower. Can something look "lush" AND "dirty" at the same time? It did.


After going thru the photography exhibit we went and sat outside in the soon to be destroyed courtyard. Sad. I really love how quiet and peaceful it is there. I am going to miss it.


I used to spend sad Sundays there about 10 years ago "journaling my rage." (An old Saturday Night Live joke phrase)


No comments: