Monday, April 07, 2008

Cut yr hair




The fabulous Kim Deal took Stephen Malkmus to task in a recent magazine interview:

Did the success of that song [Cannonball] cause any jealousy among your indie-rock peers?

You know, [Pavement’s Stephen] Malkmus is being a bit of a bitch in interviews recently. One thing he said last summer referred to me as “trashy mouth.” And he just did this article in Spin where he alluded to me unpleasantly, saying [something like], “You know, I always thought that Pavement could have had one of those big hits in the early ’90s with ‘Cut Your Hair,’ but I guess people preferred ‘Cannonball.’”

Are you a fan of his music?

Yeah, I liked Pavement. But if he keeps fucking smacking his mouth off about me, I’m going to end up not being able to listen to any of their fucking records again. Anyway, I thought, God, man, “Cut Your Hair” isn’t as good of a song as “Cannonball,” so fuck you. How’s that? Your song was just a’ight, dawg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha...cuz I have a steal-trap memory for insignifica, I had to jump back on this entry and leave a note....Kim and Kelly are guesting on WOXY even as I type. They were just about to play "Cut Your Hair" until Kim remembered it was the "who-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho" song and said "Oh god, no. Don't play that one." If woxy archives this set, I'll send you the link. Cuz it beats whatever I should be doing on the clock right now.