Saturday, April 12, 2008


Sooooooooooo Happy!!


Most of you guys already know this...but for those who don't, I do a radio show here in Cleveland.


It's only once a week on Thursday mornings from 8-10am. It's on a college/community radio station based at Case Western Reserve University.




I have been doing this two-hour radio show for almost 8 years now. It's one of my favorite things in the world to do. I just love it. My show is called Stonecoldbikini. I got the name from a song lyric. The song is V.G.I. by Julie Ruin. "Im not a genius I'm more like a genie, granting girls wishes from my stonecoldbikini."


Julie Ruin is a project that Kathleen Hanna did after she left (or they just broke up) Bikini Kill. I think Kathleen Hanna is an amazing woman. An amazing artist. A cool chick who is NEVER afraid to use the "F" word. I just love that about her.


The reason I am sooooo damn happy is because this week is the week that we at WRUW do a telethon. A once a year thing. It's the week we ask for donations for our radio station.


Times are tight financially for everyone right now and I figured I would not raise as much as I did last year or even the year before. I was aiming for about $1500.


I was able to raise $3770!!
(well....$3769. I will throw in a dollar)


It's just amazing. I am thrilled that there are sooooo many people out there who get how important local, community, non-commercial, non-corporate radio is!!


I am also happy to find out that there are a lot of people out there who love the same kind of music that I play during my show each week. If you want to hear the telethon show, you can download it here. The archives last for a week, so you have til this coming Thursday morning at 8am to get a copy of it.


I am just sooooo damn happy!!!!!

No comments: