Monday, October 31, 2005


Oh, I am not quite sleeping.

I am listening to Sufjan Stevens as I type this. If you don't have the "Come On Feel the Illinoise' cd yet....GO BUY IT! It's amazing. The song called "The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!" is probably my favorite track.

It's Halloween and I have no pumpkin laden, candy scarfing, costume wearing plans at all. That makes me a little sad. I hate wearing costumes but I do love handing out candy to kids. I also love that Halloween is a holiday that has no religious or patriotic themes. It makes it a bit more pure in my mind. It feels more wholesome then Christmas. Really. Halloween smells good. It smells like wet leaves, smarties breath and wood burning. Last year I handed out candy with a friend. I loved doing that. She has a great porch for that sort of activity.

No comments: