Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Rocktober

So it's Tuesday. I just got back from lunch. I rode over to the the Lesbian Gay Community Service Center on my scooter sans helmet. I hate to say it...but riding the scooter without wearing a helmet is a totally different feeling. I promise not to do it again.

Anyway, the reason I went to the center was to check out their dj audio equipment. I am going to be DJing an art opening that Wild Plum, the center's arts group is sponsoring in Tremont in November. I am looking forward to it. I usually DJ at a lesbian bar whose patrons just want to hear commercial hip-hop or Melissa Etheridge. Hip-hop would be cool if it were interesting stuff. But the ladies only want to hear what they have heard on MTV and the radio over and over. Boring.

I spent this past weekend at my brother's new house in Ravenna. I painted, taped, pulled staples, moved an old fridge....all the glamorous type stuff. I still ache. Poor Mike. He aches more I am sure.

Sunday night was nice. Went out for drinks with friends at the Grovewood. Had some pumpkin beers. Laughed a lot. Rebecca and her fauxsband Miles are two of the funniest people I know. (I know I am using the word "faux" way too much) Monica let them in on my secret superpower of MAGNO-VISION!!! I can read tiny tiny type halfway across the room. I promise to use my powers for good...not evil.

Tonite I am going to attempt a Scottish Apple Pie. I got the recipe online. I hope it works.

No comments: